Tuesday, October 16, 2007

SemBreak na?!

Last Sunday, after the 8am Mass of which I regularly attend to here in the province, my parents and I had a merienda at one of my friends’ canteen. Sarah wasn’t there yet. She hasn’t arrived yet from Manila for the semester break. Her mom was there and she commented, “malapit ng dumating ‘yung mga gastadora.” I couldn’t blame her because every semester break, what we almost always do for the rest of it was just to gallivant around San Mateo, our home town.

I graduated last March already, so technically I’m not supposed to have semester breaks already. However, since I’ve been locked up (that was exaggerating, of course) for the last four months, I think I deserve a semester break. After all I’m still unemployed and not expected to be employed soon for I still have a review to take by the end of November until May, my CPA Board Exam. So as they say in Accounting, Substance over Form. I may have already graduated but in essence I’m still a student eligible for a Semester Break.

I wonder what’s in-store for me and my friends this semester break.

I usually come home the latest among my friends who just like me are studying from Manila and others from Baguio. It is because I still have hours of duty to render at the Student Affairs Office of CEU. It’s been like that since 1st year. Unlike my nursing friends whose semester breaks were spoiled only on their 4th year and 3rd year I guess, when they’re already having hospital duties or whatever nursing stuff they do. Well at least we still get to spend part of our semester break at home. Cindy, one of friends (a little clearing of the throat there, friends! Ahahaha) mostly don’t spend her semester break here. For some reasons, she just couldn’t. Too sad, she misses a lot. And when she comes, it’ll be for just a couple of days. Actually, I could hardly recall times when we’re together during semester breaks. Not that I don’t cherish those times we (we means the whole group) had together, it’s just I don’t recall if those were during semester breaks or summer breaks or Christmas breaks. I don’t think she ever spent Christmas here. Oh well I hope she gets to come home this “semester break.” Although unlike me, she’s not eligible for a semester break already because she graduate also last March and is a registered nurse already. I don’t know what her plans are - if she’s looking for a job or whatever. Wait a minute! Why has this become all about Cindy? Hmmmmm. I’m sorry. I guess I miss her. Spare me the smirking and raising of the eyebrow. I miss her during semester breaks and that’s just it. No more questions. Back to the topic.

Every semester break I get this comment na sana may reunion ang batch, of course from my former classmates, the gorettians03. Actually, I get that comment every Semester, Christmas and Summer breaks. Maybe it’s because I was president of the class. Nonetheless, it was always hard for me to say yes. Not that I don’t want to or I don’t want to organize. It’s just that I don’t know how. I have helps but I think I wouldn’t be able to meet their expectations from a reunion. We’ve had some small get-togethers, I think twice and it was fine. But if I were to ask, I would just want to have it with close friends as we always do. Medyo selfish ba? Hehehehe. Anyways, this semester break, we plan to spend an overnight at Punta Amelita Resort. We went their last Easter Sunday and we had a great time. Some weren’t able to come then. I hope this time they will be able to. I wish tropang kiratz is 100% complete this time – at least for us still here in the Philippines. Cessy, Ren2 and Janice are already abroad.

Last October 10, Hazel resigned from work. I guess she wants to have a semester break as well. She didn’t enrol this 1st semester because she has no more subjects to enrol. To bad she has to wait for this coming 2nd semester to finish her remaining subjects. This morning, Ben arrived from Baguio where he studies. Queency and Sarah are bound to arrive if not on Wednesday, on Thursday and Louie on the 29th. For Shayne and Cindy I don’t know but they said they will. Rissa often comes home during all saints day and all souls day. Our schedules are quite contrasting. I don’t know if we’ll be able to set a date where all of us are free to have our “gate-away.”

FYI: gate-away, a term we use for our get-aways. I little tongue twist I committed. Ben then started to use it whenever we plan a gate-away. AMPfff. Eheheheheh.

By this week, we’re almost complete. But not quite because this week I am also bound to go to Manila. Hehehehe. So our gate-away has to be scheduled next next week.

I’d go to Manila primarily to do some stuff for my parents and sister. I am excited because I’d also get to do our end-of-semester habit – my friends in Manila and I, our end-of-semester habit. So I guess this semester break is bound to be a real semester break after all.

Every end of the semester, including summer classes, my friends and I would have a get-together, just a simple one. We’d go to a house, wherever whose house is available and just be together (not the cheesy just be together thing), talk about whatever, bully each other, laugh aloud, relax, in-short, college inuman.

It may sound a little junky that almost all of our bonding were formed or done during inuman sessions. But I wouldn’t trade those times we had for anything else. We’ve known each other so much and we’ve learned a lot from each other during those times. Say for example I learned that… hmmmmm… hmmmmm… hmmmmm… basta I learned a lot.

Actually whenever we would hold one, we still talk about our past inumans and laugh just like we’ve never laughed about it yet. Those stories have become classics and now that we’re apart from each other already, doing our own thing, they are all we have. This semester break, this week, when I go there to meet them, hopefully I could meet them all again, I wish we could share those stories we made again or make some more. I’m really excited.

Also, hopefully my co-BSA07, who are taking the board exams pass the board so that I may have another reason to party. There are five of them so that would be 5 reasons to party. Heheheheheh. I really wish them well. Kim and I are the only ones in our original barkada who are supposed to take the board this October, but for some reasons, we’re not. We’ll take our board on May.

There are a lot of things I wish to do this semester break – with my friends here and in Manila, with my family and with myself. Things around me have been changing a lot lately. My life has gone through a lot of changes even though I was stuck here for four months. I’ve had many realizations and this semester break could mean the conclusion or commencement of a lot of things in my life. I want this semester break to be extra-ordinary. Substance over Form – it may be just like my other semester breaks but something more will be in it. I don’t know what that’ll be but I’m sure, there will be something in it.

Happy Semester Break everyone!!! Cheers!!!

No comments: